Monday, February 8, 2010

Reaction to Artists Comments

Gregory Crewdson-As I looked through the comments that my classmates made on Gregory Crewdson, I have to say that I agreed with Katie when she said that his photographs portray a narrative. I also agreed with Elle when she said that his work conveyed a sense of loneliness, loss and sadness. Jeff Wall-When it comes to comments of Jeff Wall, I felt the same as Ryan when he says that he was confused and intrigued at the same time with his work. The use of these everyday objects and scenes are interesting. Cindy Sherman - Joey makes a good point when saying that these images have " always been a comfortable kind of image to lay eyes on". I also agree with
Susan when she says that Cindy Sherman's work gives you the feeling that you have seen these images before yet you know you haven't. Her work is very powerful. Tuen Hocks- I feel the same as Bryan and Andrew when they say that Hocks' work is a bit humorous. His work is very unusual and creative causing his work to be both humorous and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment